Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tuesday's Talons: Berry Christmas Sweater

Currently listening to: Les Voyages en Train by Grand Corps Malade

Hello ladies,

As the title suggests, today I have a Christmas sweater manicure to show you.


I decided to use Catrice Dirty Berry as my base, a grey-toned purple polish which I think I've had for a couple of years and used only a couple of times.  I absolutely love how it looks which made me question why I've worn it so rarely and I think it's because a) I struggle to find polishes which stamp well over it and b) my old camera could never capture it regularly.  Now that I'm using a different camera these photos are colour accurate so at least that's one issue solved.


 I then stamped a Christmas sweater pattern using MoYou London plate Festive 04.  On my thumb and index finger I stamped using Easy Paris shade 3 then, unhappy with the blurry transfer of the design, switched to Konad Special Polish in white. 


 I thought the Konad polish produced crisper results but these pictures don't really show a difference so now I'm not too sure. Are there any white polishes you would recommend that stamp well?


 This is the first time I've used MoYou London stamping plates and while I do love the designs, I nearly cried when I saw how big the images are because they are just far too big for my nails.  I find the images in the third Bundle Monster series are the perfect size for me and as you can see below, the MoYou London ones are considerably larger.


What do you think girls?  Have you tried MoYou London plates before?

Bye for now,
Laura

4 comments:

  1. I use Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "Whirlwind White" as my white stamping polish. I bought a bunch of Moyou Londong stamping plates too, and my nails are even smaller than yours, and shorter too, so there are so many of the really cool designs that just don't make any sense on my nails. It's a shame, really!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why but all Sally Hansen products give me a migraine so unfortunately I can't dry Whirlwind White. Glad it's not just me who has been disappointed with the size of the plates

      Delete
  2. But if you would have bought the smaller ones they would not have fit on your fingers. My nails are nowhere near as long as yours and the smaller images don't cover the entire nail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting, I thought the smaller ones would still be quite big. Thanks for letting me know

      Delete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)