Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday's Manicure: Bobbing for Argyle Print

Currently watching: The Big Bang Theory

Good morning ladies,

Today I'd like to show you one of my new Essie polishes that was in my recent haul, Bobbing for Baubles, and some experimental nail art I tried over it.

  
Bobbing for Baubles is a grey-toned navy blue which, in real life, is not as bright as it appears here.  I think it's a great shade for autumn and winter so I'm going to try to get a lot of wear out of it over the next few months.


 Orange it's Obvious came in the same set as Bobbing for Baubles and while I'm not a huge fan of orange I decided that since the two shades were in the same pack, somebody must have decided they would look good together.


 Not being sure if the orange would be opaque enough to stamp over the navy, I freehanded my first Argyle print design instead and used a Technic nail striper for the white lines.  I should point out that you're seeing my right hand for a change because I had a huge smudge on my left hand hence my lines are a little shakier than normal ;-)


I absolutely love Argyle print but for a nail art design it's a bit too challenging for me.  What do you think girls?  What designs do you struggle with?

Bye for now,
Laura

6 comments:

  1. Aww, that is pretty, now I want to wear a sweater LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's pretty too!! I want to be good at water marbling, but have to admit that I don't have the patience for it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh water marbling, definitely my most admired technique and one which I don't have the patience for either!

      Delete
  3. It looks like sweater ;). Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)