Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thursday's Talons ft Models Own Purple Blue

Currently listening to: Next to Me by Emeli Sande

Hello ladies,

Today I have a Models Own polish from their Beetlejuice range to show you, Purple Blue.


The Models Own website states the Beetlejuice polishes are "multi-tonal, containing four pearlescent colours mixed into one gleaming shade [...] Inspired by the beautiful wings of a beetle, this collection mimics the complex colour-shifting with flashes of vivid tones and ethereal hues giving a shimmering duo chrome finish".


I wasn't overly interested in this collection when it was released but I was given Purple Blue as a gift and now that I've tried it, I absolutely love it.  The name confused me at first as the colours I could see were closer to brown and blue but once I applied the polish and looked at it in the light, I could distinctly see the blue and purple duo chrome.  The difference is quite obvious if you compare the way the polish looks in the first photo (my initial impression) with the second.


But of course I couldn't leave this swatch alone so first I sponged Essence Glorious Aquarius on to my tips...


And then I mattified my nails using Rimmel Matte Finish.


What do you think girls?  Do you own any of the Beetlejuice collection?

Bye for now,
Laura

13 comments:

  1. i don't own any of the beetlejuice collection, but i'd love to own some. :)

    p.s. i like the matte finish of your nails! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Twisted Orchid Giveaway -- Win any bag of your choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I might be getting some more of the collection ;-)

      Delete
  2. I too decided that I didn't need them, but I have to agree, this one is gorgeous indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few from this collection, but I think I'll get rid of them again, since all they do is just to sit there :D
    It looks really great on you though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both Purple Blue on it's own and the mani you've done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Blue Purple is absolutely stunning!! I wasn't too interested in this collection either but this one seems to be calling my name now!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)