Thursday, June 14, 2012

Guest Post: Theodora's Mosaic NOTD!

Good morning girls!

Today I have a treat in store for you: a fabulous guest post by Theodora of Red Hair and Black Nail Polish fame :-)  Theodora has one of the best nail art blogs out there which is always full of creative and impressive designs, plus she's one of the friendliest girls in the blogosphere.  Let's see what she's going to show us today:

Hello, lovely readers!

First off, let me thank you, Laura, for letting me do a guest post for you!  It was a lot of fun creating this and I hope you'll like it ;)

So, for all the readers that don't know me, I'm Theodora from Red Hair and Black Nail Polish and I'll show you some Nail Art today!

I started with Catrice - The Devil Wears Red as a base, which is a gorgeous and kind of vampy color. ;P  It almost looks black, but it's a very dark red!  I used 2 coats for this, the formula is great and it applies very smoothly.


And as you can see, it's very glossy on it's own!


Then I wanted to add something to it and of course it had to be something with white, because otherwise there would be no contrast of colors at all.  I once saw kind of a mosaic pattern on Google, while I was searching for some inspiration, and I really liked how it looked.  So that's what I did on my nails in the end!


I painted some white on about half of my nail in a wavy line, let it dry and added spots in different shades of red polish with a toothpick.  You could also use a small dotting tool, just remember the spots shouldn't be perfectly round.  Just make some randomly shaped spots here and there :)  The reds I used are: Catrice The Devil Wears Red (dark), Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Brick Wall (medium) and Essence Back to the 50's (light).  After letting it dry a little bit I added a coat of TC to smooth it all out :)


It looks really interesting if you look at it from further away :)

Thanks again Laura, I hope you like this design!
Thank you all for reading!
Wow, what a fantastic design,  I love it!  Thank you for showing us such a pretty and unique manicure!  As soon as I'm allowed to paint my nails again I shall try to recreate this :-)

I hope you all enjoyed seeing Theodora's nail art.  If you don't already follow Theodora, please visit her blog now and say hi :-)

Bye for now,
Laura

18 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. Theodora did it great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't thank you enough for your kind words, Laura! I really appreciate it and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to do a guest post for you!

    Btw, why aren't you allowed to paint your nails right now ?! o.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're welcome! I'm so glad you agreed to do it :-) And of course everyone loved your design :-)

      As for my nails, I wasn't allowed to paint them because that would be a distraction from studying..

      Delete
    2. Well, that's true! I once had some glitter on my nails and I couldn't concentrate on studying..I kept starring at my nails the whole time =))))

      Delete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)