Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday's Spotty NOTD

Currently watching: Have I Got News For You

Good morning ladies!

What are your plans for the weekend? Do you have anything fun and exciting planned?

I had a dress down day at work yesterday so to get me in the mood for the weekend, I decided on this bright and fun manicure:

Two coats of Barry M Blue Moon, two coats of Barry M Strawberry Ice Cream

Followed by polka dots with the help of my dotting tool in Barry M Pure Turquoise and Natural Collection Hibiscus

I really like this manicure but drying time was ridiculously slow. I think it's time to invest in a fast drying topcoat. The days of waking up with smudges and duvet lines ruining my manicures will soon be over!



Do you like this manicure?

Do you have any recommendations for fast drying topcoats?

Bye for now,
Laura

9 comments:

  1. I looove dotted manicure!!!
    I use cheap top coat and then I add some quick dry drops by essence

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute!!!! love it =) plus your nails are so perfectly shaped!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alice, thanks :-) Do your quick dry drops work?

    @Rilakumaki, aw, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those dots are so cute and quite retro looking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Olivia, that didn't occur to me, thanks for pointing it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your choice of colours is perfect! This mani is gorgeous.
    Hands down, the best top coat is Seche Vite. You can buy it from Amazon.
    The shine is just unfathomable, and it dries in next to no time. I've never once had a problem with it, and will never stray from using it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @TrixDemon, thank you :-)
    I heard that Seche Vite can cause some shrinkage of the polish at the tips but I suppose if this isn't a problem experienced by everyone it's worth checking it out. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, this is sooo cute! love it!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)