Thursday, March 10, 2011

NOTD: New Twist on Polka Dots

Currently watching: Mock the Week

Hello girls,

Are you having a good week? My weekend has now started so let's celebrate with a colourful manicure :-)

Remember Tuesday's manicure with E.L.F Pearl polish? Well I added three layers of polka dots to it using Barry M Pure Turquoise, Barry M Purple Berry Ice Cream and Nails Inc Spitalfields.

It was a fairly successful manicure although making the dots symmetrical was slightly tricky. And of course I ended up smudging some nails (please pretend it's not obvious)

Then I had the genius idea of photographing both hands at the same time. Don't think I'll be doing that again.

What do you think of this manicure? Is it something you'd try?

Bye for now,
Laura

11 comments:

  1. oh wow you must have steady hands and a serious amount of patience. They look stunning :)
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely would, it's very cute! I like it much more now with the polka dots! (: x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will definitely be doing something similar to this asap! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the positive feedback girls!

    @Sophie, thanks :-) I'm not sure about the steady hand part and I was most annoyed when some of the polka dots on my right hand were of different sizes to the ones on my left hand!

    @Leesha, me too, I find the white polish on its own a bit harsh

    @Cathryn, glad you were inspired :-)

    @GothamPolish, :-) I can't take credit for the idea though, I'm sure I've seen similiar designs on other blogs

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's very cute! I think it's an "easy" but great effect mani!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's cute.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wud def try! how did u get ur circles to be perfect???

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty and spring-like!i really like the base colour

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)