Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nail Polish Storage

Good morning girls!

Last night my boyfriend came home with these 3 pretty gift boxes for me.

They are gold and silver with a red and green design. The red bits are velvety and feel lovely :-)

My boyfriend suggested I use them to store my nail polish. Good suggestion as my previous nail polish box was overflowing and was very inconvenient to move around the flat. It also wasn't big enough to store my polishes upright- something which should be done in order to help keep polishes in good condition for longer.

I had a great time sorting through all my polishes. I have half my collection here and half at my parents' house. Here's how I've arranged my polishes here:

In the big box: pinks, purples, blues, reds, greens, browns
In the little box: silvers, greys, whites, topcoats, basecoats, nails tools, image plates

I'm very happy with my new storage system. It can neatly be stored away and looks classy :-)

How do you store your nail polish collection?

Bye for now,
Laura

7 comments:

  1. What a sweet gift!:D I am loving the print on the boxes.:D

    I store mine inside a drawer.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Originally the boxes had chocolates inside. Quite an unusual design for a box of chocolates I think but very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw how sweet of the the boyfriend to bring you those! So very thoughtful!!

    I think you know how I store mine... such a major life event getting that storage trolley. Revolutionary!

    I bought more nail polishes today... guess nail polish collections just EXPAND to fit whatever storage they're in! :-O

    Much love x

    Clever Rabbit Beauty Blog
    Polish. Potions. Whatever.

    Follow me on twitter: @Clever_Rabbit

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, how thoughtful of your boyfriend! those are cute boxes! i keep my nail polish collection in a cupboard near my closet. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very stylish and lovely of the boyfriend to bring them back :)

    Wish my boy was more surprising! Heh but I reckon he thinks I'm too picky but only slightly true :p
    Thanks for the award btw.
    Out of my mascaras three was from HK and takes getting used to and I can't risk smudging as I don't give myself a lot of time to get ready for work (while still half-asleep). Usually my Maxfactor False lash effect is my go to mascara, does the job in a few sweeps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @CR, nail polish collections are just like fish, the bigger the bowl, the bigger they grow :-) I've bought 5 recently even though my nails are too short to paint!

    @Mimi, yeah they're really nice!

    @Wing, picky but always appreciative I'm sure lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the boxes, I think I may have do something similar as my old shoe box stuffed with nail polish is on it's last legs

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)