Monday, July 5, 2010

Tea (rose) in the rain

Hi girls,

I remember now why I don't normally wear blue polish: it's an absolute nightmare to remove. I don't mean that it stained my nails (it didn't because I was wearing a base coat) but all the blue got stuck under the white tips of my nails and in the dents left when my nails chip/peel. What a mess. And Essence nail repair has been totally useless at repairing my nails by the way. But anyway, I didn't come here to rant so let me just say that once again I had to cut a few of my nails and let's move on.

While I was sitting at the table removing my polish, a heavy rain shower suddenly started and I felt compelled to take a few pictures because I found it so impressive, especially the force with which the wind was directing the rain.



Look at that!

And now on to my current manicure, Eyeko's Tea Rose Polish.

This is the first time I'd used this shade, indeed it was the first time I'd used Eyeko polish on my finger nails. So what did I think? Hmm. Application was awful. Each coat was so difficult to apply that I didn't dare apply a third coat for fear of ruining what had settled into an acceptable look with two coats, even though this really does need three coats.


The colour is so-so although I think it looks quite nice in these pictures! I'm waiting for it to grow on me because I'm not used to a shade like this at all. It's too muted for my liking and using this polish has actually made me want to go out and find a brighter, more raspberry-like shade. I don't know how to describe it but I'm sure I'll know once I see it ;-)

5 comments:

  1. i like your nail color! and i don't know why, but there's just something about rain that i love. ;)

    btw, thanks for the birthday greeting! :)

    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Hope you had a great day :-)

    I love the rain too

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome :-) Hope you had a great day!

    I love rain too

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was funy how the heavy rain didn't last long. Actually probably a good thing I guess.

    Quite like the tea rose, it's like a more sensible work appropriate shade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what I thought when I bought it but my dad says I shouldn't wear any colour at all, shouldn't wear dangly earrings etc etc etc. Boo.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)